Scholarship in Honour of Michael Evamy
This scholarship is available to a Canadian student attending a Canadian School of Architecture in the year prior to his or her final year of study of their professional degree program. DIALOG established the Michael Evamy Scholarship Foundation to honour the memory of Michael Evamy, a partner instrumental in building our integrated practice. Valued at $5,000, the award provides financial assistance to the selected student to undertake a specific research project based on a field of study of interest to him or her. Up to $3,000 is also available for project related expenses, including travel.
The application is to be received by DIALOG no later than 11:59PM MST on March 12, 2015.The award will be publicly announced March 31, 2015.
All Canadian students enrolled in a Canadian School of Architecture in the year before their final year of study in a professional architecture degree program. The winner must confirm a willingness to:
- work within the available funds
- present their results as described in the 2015 Scholarship Terms of Reference
How to apply
Deliver your application to DIALOG. It may be submitted by mail or by posting to the DIALOG Share site. Provide three sets of the following information (as described below):
- information about you
- cover page
- project brief
- work sample
Information about you
- E-mail address
- Mailing address
- Telephone number
- School of Architecture
- Academic record
- Awards, honours and any grants received
Project brief Describe the project and methodology in 1,000 words or less. Images may be included.
- Description Clearly and concisely identify the nature and objectives of the project and how it relates to the specified field of study. Describe the scope of the project and define what the project intends to accomplish.
- Methodology Outline how you propose to conduct your study (travel, research, etc.) including your approach to collecting and analyzing information (photography, sketching, literature review, interviews, etc.).
- Schedule Outline the time frame and location of the study, including time allotted for specific project tasks. Include a proposed itinerary if travel is involved.
- Budget Outline the costs needed to undertake the project. Include a breakdown of essential expenses such as travel (airfare, food and accommodation), telephone, postage, photography, photocopying, supplies, etc.
For more info, click here: Dialog Architecture
Banner image from http://www.dialogdesign.ca